It’s beginning to taste a lot like Christmas 🎄
Welcome back to another day of Blogmas! I was looking on Pinterest and found some yummy treats that even Santa can’t pass up.
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups of white chocolate morsels
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candies or sprinkles
- Pour the semi-sweet morsels and the white chocolate morsels into separate microwavable bowls.
- Microwave each separately, starting at 30 seconds and then at 15-second increments, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Add the peppermint extract to one of the melted chocolates, and stir.
- Pour both chocolates onto a wax-paper lined cookie sheet, next to each other, and use a sharp knife to swirl the two together.
- Top with peppermint candies or sprinkles, and refrigerate until solid.
- Cut into large squares, and enjoy!
Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in a large mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Wrap tightly in saran wrap and place in fridge for 2-24 hours to chill.
- Once chilled, remove from fridge and roll out into a 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface (I use powdered sugar instead of flour)
- Cut into a circle shape with a 2 1/2 inch circle.
- Roll out slightly larger to accommodate the marshmallow.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 7 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
For the icing:
- Mix all ingredients and test consistently. Add slightly more milk for a thinner texture or more powdered sugar for a runny icing. The consistency should be thick enough to coat a spoon but thin enough to spread on a cookie.
Chocolate covered pretzels
- package of long pretzel rods
- Baker’s Semi-sweet chocolate
- Baker’s white chocolate
- assorted sprinkles, chopped nuts, etc.
- Melt the chocolates in separate double boilers until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Create an assembly line with the 2 bowls of chocolate, your choice of toppings, and a baking tray lined with tin foil.
- Using a spoon, spoon the chocolate over the pretzel, leaving a few inches bare as a “handle.” Allow the excess chocolate to drip off the pretzels by twisting and wiggling the pretzel. This will help to avoid the chocolate pooling under the pretzel or into the toppings.
Here are a few Christmas treats to try this holiday. I hope you try them out because they’re delicious!